On 21 May 2014, the Government of Slovak Republic approved a strategic material, whose main goal was to centralise the amount of data centres of the state into two main data centres – in scope of the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Interior. These will be provided to national authorities’ and institutions’ cloud services (such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) in the high levels of quality and safety through a single area in the form of catalogue
The intention of supra-ministerial provision of cloud services addresses primary requirements for decreasing the costs of public administration by:
- Unifying the environment for operation of information systems; providing eGov
- Optimising the use of resources;
- Decreasing procurement and operating costs; eGovernment in Slovakia May 2018
- Increasing the efficiency of management at all levels, from operation of infrastructure to management of relationships, including methodological support;
- The focus of organisations only on their key processes and activities (excluding IT);
- Simplifying and unifying processes across organisations.